Frequently asked questions when working with a professional organizer
What kind of services do we provide?
Services can include:
- Organizing and decluttering your home (kitchens, pantries, closets, living room, bedrooms, playrooms, home offices, laundry rooms, garages, basements, attics)
- Organizing or downsizing estates
- Organizing your move (decluttering/downsizing, packing, and unpacking)
- Paper, electronic files, information, and data organization
- Cataloging and displaying collections and memorabilia
- Organizing for seniors (computer assistance, bill paying, prescriptions, insurance forms, and tax document organizing)
What should I consider when hiring?
Formal training, education, and experience can vary widely among organizing professionals. You should consider the individual’s experience in your particular problem area or project, how many years they’ve been in business, any certifications or advanced training they may have, and how they work with clients (approach, time-frame, availability).
Why should I hire a NAPO member?
NAPO members are organizing and productivity professionals who value education and professional development and stay current on trends and advancements in the industry. All NAPO members must adhere to our Code of Ethics, which encourages fair and equitable practices, including working with clients and colleagues, handling client confidentiality, and how they assess fees and expenses.
How much should I expect to pay?
As with most professions, fees will vary widely based on the professional’s experience, your geographic location, and the services you are requesting. Many will charge by the hour, while others offer packages or charge by the project. It’s best to establish a budget that is comfortable for you and keep this in mind when choosing who to work with. Be aware of any initial consultation fees, additional costs for needed materials and supplies, and disposal fees that may or may not be included.
We are your organizing experts
Give us a call (301) 529-7332, or fill out our contact form today. We cannot wait to help you get organized!